[OS X] Random Freeze

Jagulard
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Pending

Game freezes (spinning wheel appears, "Application not responding" in Activity Monitor), usually within one cycle of starting or loading. 

This happens at random moments, regardless of dupe activity or job orders.

Steps to Reproduce
Play for a cycle or two.

User Feedback

Does this happen with a brand new save file or is this an existing save file you've been playing for a while. If it is an existing save file, could you please upload it?

Share this comment

Update (OC-255716): The bad news is that the freeze still happens at random moments (one new game froze within 5 minutes of starting, another ran for 7 cycles before freezing).

The good news is that it is much less frequent than before this patch. Previously, I could count on at least one freeze per cycle. Now it can run for several cycles without problems.

Share this comment

I can't reproduce your issue but from looking at your log, it looks like it might have to do with either your graphics driver or display drivers. Could you please try updating your drivers?

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

I can't reproduce your issue but from looking at your log, it looks like it might have to do with either your graphics driver or display drivers. Could you please try updating your drivers?

I have, they are current.

Maybe it's related to my older OS (10.10.5)?

Share this comment

OC-256131: The problem continues.

I wonder if these freezes are related to sound issues that happen from time to time? Sometimes, sounds continue to play long after the corresponding activity has ended, or some sounds (like alerts and other chimes) will stutter or loop for several seconds or more.

Trying to save and quit during these times produces the attached error message, followed immediately by a freeze.

And I should point out that ONI is often the only app running at these times, except for Mail or Steam (and sometimes Safari)- so if too many files are really open, it's ONI that's opening them.

ONI_error.png

Edited by Jagulard

Share this comment