One interrupted Sweepy interrupts ALL Sweepys

Andreas45
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

When ever a Sweepy is interrupted by a critter passing it, ALL Sweepys, no matter where on the map they are become interrupted.

This bug was introduced in the latest update (Blast off).

I've uploaded two videos.  The first shows the bug being triggered, and propagating to nearby sweepys. The second shows a sweepy on the other side of the map with no nearby critters still being interrupted.

Steps to Reproduce

- Load the attached save.

- Wait a moment.

- Observe that all sweepys are interrupted.

SaveForBugReport.sav

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Known Issue

It's not related to other Sweepys reacting to things, they just seem to be scared of absolutely everything and react accordingly.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

17 hours ago, EricKlei said:

It's not related to other Sweepys reacting to things, they just seem to be scared of absolutely everything and react accordingly.

I've got a sweepy that is in charge of the shower habitat, his notifications often show he's encountered something disturbing. Then all sweepys shudder.

I hope that counts...

Share this comment

22 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Sorry, are you saying that this behaviour was an intended change?  It definitely only started happening since the last update.

And are you SURE sweepys should be reacting when there is absolutely NOTHING nearby to react to (Please see the first video I uploaded)?

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Andreas45 said:

are you saying that this behaviour was an intended change?

Usually a known issue is what its name implies. An issue they're aware about and will need to address at some point in time.

It'd be rather funny to have a new subset of notifications in their update notes... Something like "New buggy mechanics" right under "fixed bugs".

My sweepys currently all 'dance' at almost the same time and hardly get any sweeping done, so I guess I'll have to wait on a bugfix for this. I've decided to put muckroot hats on all of them.

• Haha 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JRup said:

Usually a known issue is what its name implies. An issue they're aware about and will need to address at some point in time.

It'd be rather funny to have a new subset of notifications in their update notes... Something like "New buggy mechanics" right under "fixed bugs".

My sweepys currently all 'dance' at almost the same time and hardly get any sweeping done, so I guess I'll have to wait on a bugfix for this. I've decided to put muckroot hats on all of them.

Ah, Sorry, I think I must have misinterpreted the reply.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Like 1

Share this comment