This is an old bug that, to my knowledge, never got reported.
Someone already did a great video demonstrating it:
By replacing a tile with another tile of another material just before it's deconstructed, you can build another building inside.
Once re-built, tiles have a weird behavior, interacting with the world in some ways, but not in others:
- from the sim perspective, they are seen as regular tiles
- from Dupes perspective, they will go through if there is a door inside
- from other buildings perspective, they exist for requirements (Wall Pot see them as a valid wall)
- but it doesn't prevent buildings inside from working
A few examples:
- There is a mechanized door set to "Open" just left of the printing pod. Dupes can go through, gases cannot.
- The Bluff Briars are inside Wall pots.This is for demonstration, but the real value is to combine it with this exploit.
- The Liquid Pump is tricked by the droplet of water and will pump the magma without transferring it with it at 10kg/s. This is by far easier than non-exploit methods to do that.
- The Gas Pump is tricked to pump and will not exchange heat with the bottom left gases. Unfortunately, it's coded in a way that it requires line of sight to pump, and this exploit doesn't work there : it's actively pumping, but it doesn't output anything. Before reload, it was depleting the gas, after reload it doesn't anymore.
Here is the save with the already built contraptions:
Steps to Reproduce
- Build a tile with any material except the desired one.
- Deconstruct that tile.
- Just after the progress bar disappear, but before the tile is removed, order the construction of a tile with the desired material at that place. The previous material will fall out and the new tile will be queued for construction.
- It's now possible to build buildings inside that tile before it's fully built. Order the construction of a building there.
- Let Dupes construct both the tile and the building in the same cell.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now