Oil Well - Over pressurized bug

shadowingx
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Often when an oil well is disabled by automation, when a dupe goes to vent it, the dupe stays trying to vent it forever, only fixed by deconstructing and constructing again. This happens on dlc. 

Steps to Reproduce

Allow dupe to vent oil well, oil well has to be disabled by automation, dupe will stay stuck trying to vent.

• Like 2

User Feedback

This is more like a design problem.I guess you have a oil pool with a liquid level sensor which stop the oil well when the pool is full ?Then there will have a circle : oil well need to vent-dupe come and vent the well a little- well closed by automation-dupe leave-well operation a little-well is full again and need to vent 

My suggest is add a dupe movement sensor to force the well operate when a dupe is nearby ,which means he/she is venting the well.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 9/4/2021 at 5:01 AM, Deltic said:

This is more like a design problem.I guess you have a oil pool with a liquid level sensor which stop the oil well when the pool is full ?Then there will have a circle : oil well need to vent-dupe come and vent the well a little- well closed by automation-dupe leave-well operation a little-well is full again and need to vent 

My suggest is add a dupe movement sensor to force the well operate when a dupe is nearby ,which means he/she is venting the well.

A solution, yes, but the bug is the dupes having that task, performing it and not finishing it because the game doesn't allow it to finish, a loop doing a task that is not finished, although the dupe tries to, goes against the game design.

• Like 1

Share this comment