No t° transfer on right edge of the map

OxCD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi

Someone in the French Discord spotted this bug. I've successfully reproduced it.

There's no t° transfer on the side borders when built tiles are touching.

I've built a bunker door, put some high t° steel above, the bunker door t° goes above 400° in few seconds.

image.thumb.png.5d1d78214e5d948f8ba08a874d511e97.png

image.thumb.png.b1e80533d941c748d0be3f2576590d4d.png

Then I've built a bunker tile just below the door, touching it. Base t° at 20°C, and doesn't change at all. Stays at 20°C.

image.thumb.png.f227e2a2fa4a425199ea4265c290da5e.png

Do the same elsewhere on the map, and the temp° is transfering from the door to the tile.

image.thumb.png.bbbd6be96b4dd10356e46a93ec9b3867.png

I haven't tested on the left edge, only on the right. I also haven't tested with other tiles, but my bunker wall which is closing the right edge, isn't homogeneous in t°, not at all, even it's built from a looooon long time ago (more than 1000 cycles). Some tiles are at 85°C (must have touched regolith or gas before), but most of them are still at 20°C, even my wall is touching overhanging bunker doors.

I've the same on the left edge of the map, all my bunker wall is around 310°C/315°C, so I guess it's exclusive to the right edge.

I can send you my save, but it's not exclusive to my game, and I think it will take a looot less time for you to reproduce from the beginning than loading my heavy save...

Thanks !

Steps to Reproduce
Go to the extreme right edge, build a bunker door, heat up this door by building hot stuff above, then put a tile below, touching the door. The tile must be in the extreme edge, behind the shadow border.

User Feedback

Seems like there's a lot of oddities on the edges of the map (perhaps part of the reason for the neutronium on most of the map).. 

Gas/liquid/power/automation display a ton of oddities as well--though the things I saw were on the left column and seemed to be limited to the connection between the leftmost and its immediate right neighbor column. Nevermind the wrapping oddities that also exist (wrapping is cool, but it's broken)

Share this comment

The way the game works, the tiles are treated as a list of tiles, starting at the bottom left, continuing along that row, and then wrapping around to the left side.  So effectively, the left side is attached to the right side, but 1 tile higher.  It's possible that the tile is acting like it is on the same vertical level as the door there, but on the left side of the map.  If you place something warm on that side of the map, does the tile heat up?

Share this comment