No Audio

VampyQueen326
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have had this issue with a lot of steam games recently, but not until now has it happened to Oxygen Not Included. I had somewhat fixed it with Ark Survival evolved by just not using discord anymore since that seemed to crash the game. But for ONI the game doesn't crash instead it loads up perfectly fine but tells me my sound drivers are messed up. But the issue is all of my drivers are up to date. So I don't understand what is going on or what to do. I've restarted, re-updated, re-downloaded and it all ends the same.

Steps to Reproduce
I had just finished watching a youtube video about spiders and opened the game up. I'm not sure if it helps.

User Feedback

I have had this issue with a lot of steam games recently

Sounds very much like a problem with your computer vs steam and/or unity. However it should still be fixed and since ONI reports a problem, which makes it a valid issue to report.

You should most certainly include your log file because it contains information about your computer (hardware and software) and nobody can say anything useful about your issue without knowing more about your computer.

Share this comment

The log is always written, even if nothing goes wrong. It's a normal log, not just a crash log.

Edited by Nightinggale

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, VampyQueen326 said:

I don't know where it is

Copy paste of what was on the bottom of the page when you wrote this bug report:

Spoiler

Don't Starve Together Log File (client_log.txt)

If you notice a critical error when playing Don't Starve together, close the game (to ensure that the log file gets fully written) and go into your Documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ and find "client_log.txt". Include the content of that file in your bug report.

MDMP File

If you are playing on Steam, it may be helpful to provide us with your .mdmp file. It should be located in your Steam folders at: Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together Beta > bin > .mdmp

DXDiag (Oxygen Not Included and Don't Starve)

In order to get a DXDiag on Windows:
- Click on your Start button
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
- On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
- Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
- A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
- Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your forum post or support ticket.

Oxygen Not Included Save Files

There are situations where we may ask you for a copy of your save file. You will be able to find your save file in the documents folder at \Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

Oxygen Not Included Output Log

In order to find your game's output_log.txt file: Right click on Oxygen Not Included on your game library > Properties > Local Files Click on Browse Local Files The file will be located in SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

FOR MAC OS X

MAC SYSTEM SPECS
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac, where the navigation/menu bar is located
- Click "About This Mac", a new window will open up
- Click on Overview Tab for your basic computer specs (including Processor, Memory, and Graphics Card)
- Provide our team with your Mac specs list

SAVE FILES
There are situations where we may ask you for a copy of your save file. On Mac, you will be able to find your save file in ~/Library/Application Support/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/save_files

LOG FILE
On Mac, you will find your log file in ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

FOR LINUX

LINUX SYSTEM SPECS
Please provide a description of your hardware specs - generally providing your lshw is a convenient way of listing the computer's spec list.

SAVE FILES
There are situations where we may ask you for a copy of your save file. On Linux, you will be able to find your save file in ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/save_files

LOG FILE
On LINUX, you will find your log file in ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/Player.log

Share this comment

Hey @VampyQueen326,

The most common reason we see this issue nowadays is third party audio software interfering with FMOD, our audio middleware.

If you have Nahimic or any other third party audio software installed (I think sometimes there's a nVidia audio control panel that affects this?), you can try uninstalling that and seeing if that fixes the issue. Let us know if that helps!

Share this comment