No animation for using the curative tablet

Sasza22
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When dupes get food poisoning there is no animation as they swallow the curative tablet. They just stand frozen for a few seconds and do the cheer after being cured.

Steps to Reproduce

Get a dupe to experience food poisoning.
Watch him eat the curative tablet.
There is no animation.

• Like 1

User Feedback

At one point they used to shake violently when consuming the tablet. I thought it was hilarious.

On very rare occasions I have seen duplicants perform the eating animation when consuming a tablet, which I assume is intended behavior. Strange it only happens very rarely, or at least did. Haven’t seen that in a while either. Now they just freeze in place for a few seconds.

• Like 2

Share this comment

I have the same issue. The animations started out fine and at some point my dupe with an allergy started glitching taking allergy med. Now it's ALL of my dupes with any medicine :(

I took a video showing what happens. Sometimes they stand there looking stressed AF, other times they do the vibrating thing.

I'm on Linux (Arch)

RKYbbdZ.gif

Share this comment

This issue has now actually managed to kill one of my dupes. Possibly over time this is getting worse in that the dupes seem to be stuck longer and longer. I've twice now had the associated sound (as well as the animation) stuttering. The second time, my dupe suffocated to death but because the animation was stuck they never actually appeared to die, just stood there with the stuck animation and sound. The info card said they were in the process of dying. Reloading my game fixed the animation, however the dupe was dead.

Share this comment

Just created an account to confirm this. For me it happens 95% of the time when eating any medicine created in apothecary (curative, vitamine etc). It's probably not because of low end CPU. But could be because of high end CPU or a GPU issue so find below my spec:

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K   3.00 GHz

Nvidia 4070Ti

SSD

Note: for the first time in a new game it used  to work IRCC at least once or twice, after that it gets mostly stuck (90% - 95%) forever. When eating from ration box it seems like 100% stuck chance. 

Share this comment