New vanilla games do not get comets/meteors

reinaldidstic
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I've been having a huge problem with new saves getting incredibly annoying graphical glitches and bugs. The graphical stuff i can live with, but i cannot deal with none of my new colonies getting any meteors or comets raining down in the space biome. I love arborea asteroids, so i rely heavily on these to get copper/gold. It's terrible spending countless hours on a base and getting to the space biome only to realize it was all for not because the game is glitched. I waited until the game was 'released' to buy, i have NOT opted into beta or alpha programs. I bought the DLC to support Klei's efforts but i wasn't planning to play it until it all got hammered out, but it's a terrible feeling to see them messing up the main game's supposed 'stable' release stream. 

New saves also say "development build" on loading screens, but i did not opt in to any betas, Steam's "betas" tab doesn't show any betas opted into for ONI, and in-game settings show no option to enable or disable dev builds.

Steps to Reproduce

New game (merged release, DLC not enabled but somehow oxygen masks are now a thing and deodorizers take power) then look at the space biome. infinite cycles can pass, no comet or meteor will fall.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

Meteors along with other bug fixes are currently available in public testing, which will go live to everyone tomorrow. The "development build" watermark will be removed in release builds going forward now that both codebases have been merged.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment