new bathroom shuffle

Kabrute
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

At the start of my second cycle in the EU 2 dupes woke up and ran to the toilet.  When one finished the other swapped stalls...... and proceeded to restart using the bathroom.....
Otto first started using the right hand toilet, then when leira finished he moved.  I saved midaction on him so now he is no longer using that toilet and may or may not move back to his original.  This all seems rather inconsistent to me.  Dupes should not stop using the toilet just because another one became available.

bathroom hop.sav

Steps to Reproduce
move dupes while toilets in use. Watch the bathrooms.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hello Kabrute. I'm guessing that they stop using the bathroom because they can't breathe due to a lack of oxygen in the area. After shuffling for a bit they get some oxygen and then they decide to use the other outhouse.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the bug with the save file but, as far as I know, a "toilet spot" freeing up doesn't cause any behaviour change in someone already on a toilet.

Share this comment

unfortunately the save file there is from after the fact
No, o2 had nothing to do with it, there is oxylite in that compartment o.o

7 hours ago, JLK said:

a "toilet spot" freeing up doesn't cause any behaviour change in someone already on a toilet.

this is exactly what happened though.
The Systematic Burrow Cycle 2.sav
this is the autosave from the morning
it is useless though because when I load it the dupes all spawn awake and then start their routines.  Its not right....they were asleep, one slept through the morning whistle while the other 2 went to the loo so bah.

is there any way for you to see otto's last couple of orders from the original save I posted?  just the last 2-3 should be enough to see what happened

• Like 1

Share this comment

Experiencing exact same issue in two of my own games. Definitely not related to oxygen, it is fully oxygenated. The dupes jump back and forth between adjacent toilets before finishing.

Only work around I have found is to assign them to the medbay so they use the outhouse there instead and 90% of the time they will finish their business there and then move on. However, bug keeps repeating itself every 1-2 cycles with different dupes.

Share this comment

I think I figured out the route through which this happens. Should be fixed in this afternoons update.

Share this comment