Mod's crashing ONI [on downloading Preview Images?]

Ansote
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Some mods are crashing my game on the startup. I just deleted the mod's folder, and it's still crashing.
And before I deleted the mod's folder, some Ony's mods were with no sufficient space.
I really don't know what's happening tho lol
I do want to play with those mods, but ONI is working fine without Ony's mod (and the Geyser Calc mod)...

edit: and i forgot to say, those preview.png aren't on the folders, but ONI isn't downloading them, I think

Steps to Reproduce

1) Start ONI
2) About 2 sec after the "initial" ONI's page is displaying, it crashes

User Feedback

If you subscribed to the mods via steam, deleting the folder wont do any good. The mods library will just re-download them, and there you go again. Ubsubscribe from the mods, check if the folders are gone, delete the mods.json in your documents/Klei/ONI/mods folder. If this wont help, reinstall the game and try again.

Share this comment

Thought this might be insightful:

[02:10:30.260] [1] [INFO] UnauthorizedAccessException during IO on  C:/Users/carlo/OneDrive/Documentos/Klei/OxygenNotIncluded/mods/Steam/1833427385/preview.png , squelching. Stack trace was:
 Access to the path "C:\Users\carlo\OneDrive\Documentos\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\Steam\1833427385\preview.png" is denied. 

The game doesn't have access to the paths listed. Something is blocking ONI from accessing your mod folder, which is what appears to be throwing the error and causing the game to crash.

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Thought this might be insightful:

The game doesn't have access to the paths listed. Something is blocking ONI from accessing your mod folder, which is what appears to be throwing the error and causing the game to crash.

Yup, I just updated the title because of it, ONI isn't downloading those preview.png
All the mods that need the image are crashing my game (Ony's mod and the Geyser Calc mod)

Share this comment

Just now, Ansote said:

Yup, I just updated the title because of it, ONI isn't downloading those preview.png
All the mods that need the image are crashing my game (Ony's mod and the Geyser Calc mod)

Do you have an AV running? Those tend to have anti-ransomware measures enabled for the Documents folder, which can result in ONI getting kicked out from redownloading those preview images.

If push comes to shove, you can always use a Steam Workshop Downloader to work around the issue and see if that helps.

Give that a try and post the output log from that attempt, maybe we'll find something new that's actually causing the problem! :wilson_goodjob:

Share this comment

On 24/03/2020 at 11:21 PM, watermelen671 said:

Do you have an AV running? Those tend to have anti-ransomware measures enabled for the Documents folder, which can result in ONI getting kicked out from redownloading those preview images.

If push comes to shove, you can always use a Steam Workshop Downloader to work around the issue and see if that helps.

Give that a try and post the output log from that attempt, maybe we'll find something new that's actually causing the problem! :wilson_goodjob:

omg thank you so much lol
that was the problem XD I'm feeling a bit stupid... thank u again :D

• Thanks 1

Share this comment