"Missing tile" under transformer

brucemo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The transformer in the image existed and powered my base for many cycles. It had two "natural" tiles under it. I replaced them and got "tile missing" despite there not being a missing tile. This persisted for a few minutes real time before I bagged it and reloaded.

Next time I build the transformer under it first and connected their outputs together, so that if this happened again I would be covered. It did not happen again.

The transformer is connected to powered heavy watt wire.

transformer bug.png

Steps to Reproduce
See description.

User Feedback

I tend to move around in the same world a lot, meaning I might scum save back 20 cycles and play from there.

This happened again, in the same place, in the same way. When the cycle ended I reloaded the game at that point and the problem cleared up. This is a real bug and not a hallucination.

Share this comment

I can confirm that tiles can and do go missing.  This post of mine goes into greater detail, and it's very hard to actually catch this happening, though its effects can be substantial.  They can also spontaneously reappear even without reloading a save.

Edit: Not sure if this the same bug, as in my case while a tile went missing it was not rendered on the screen, though usually they'd go missing while they were offscreen.

Edited by cblack

Share this comment