Missing file priviledges

MiseriLovesCompany
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I couldnt get the game to launch nor validate install files. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, then i got the error message Missing file priviledges. Is there a way to fix this cause i LOVE this game and want to continue playing. I cleared my steam cache, checked my drivers, and im running win10 64. I have been playing the game for a while but i cant even install it. I do have a valid code for the game.

oxygennotincluded.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I couldnt get the game to launch nor validate install files. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, then i got the error message Missing file priviledges

User Feedback

To expand upon AlexRou's response, please ensure that your Windows PC profile has the proper administrative permissions to run programs, create files, and such. Try these steps:

1) Run the Game as an Administrator 
- Try running Oxygen Not Included as an administrator in your game folders (Steam\steamapps\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded.exe)
- Right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator"
- If that does not work, go to step #2.

2) Run Steam as an Administrator
- Fully close out of Steam and restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, right-click on the Steam icon > select "Run as Administrator"
- Try launching the game after you have administrator access.

If Steps #1 and Step #2 do not help with the issue, try Step #3 and these should be able to help resolve the issue.

3) Check your Anti-virus, anti-malware, Firewall, and security settings
- Depending on your firewall, security, and antivirus settings, occasionally it may block a program that you want to access. Ensure that your firewall, security settings, and other antivirus software is allowing the game to do so. You can find more information here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289

Share this comment