Minor persisting lighting issue on Linux

Yobbo
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Hey, i've been testing the linux/mac lighting fixes on the preview (and now live it looks like) branches. The fixed sunlight looks great :).

I found one remaining lighting issue: buildable tiles (tiles, plastic tiles, mesh tiles, insulated tiles, etc.) seem to have the biome tint upside down.

tile_tint.thumb.jpg.67a6aba7e8b059575d191bebd80da974.jpg

Everything else i tried (statues, debris, conveyor lines, drywall, natural tiles) appears to be tinted correctly :).

Steps to Reproduce

I'll attach a save file. I actually had trouble clearly reproducing this in a normal world... I used my custom rust+radioactive starting world. The tints are more obvious (especially the green radioactive biome tint appearing at the top of the map).

In a normal cluster i actually couldn't reproduce this on any world other than the starting world... or more specifically buildable tiles did not seem to be tinted at all on the other worlds. I'm not sure if this is some quirk of how the biome tinting works, so i just focused on clearly reproducing it on the starting map.

edit: to be clear the issue does exist in normal worlds, just there are so many colours that sometimes things sort of look correct accidentally so it was difficult to demonstrate.

Inspiring Dimension.sav

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

This should be fixed in a future update. Thanks for the save file.

Screenshot from 2021-09-21 11-22-00.png

I validated other uses and found one more spot with an inverted use, but it's subtle. I amplified it to check (this is not how it looks in game) and you can see the gasses have some interaction with the biome tint too, which is now correct (was inverted).

Screenshot from 2021-09-21 12-19-00.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment