Memory leak?

Dimimi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Hello!

I've got a problem. I can hardly play 6 cycles in a row. After each automatic saving after a cycle, the game gets more laggy until my PC completely freezes. After some minutes the game crashes to desktop (or my OS kills it, I don't know) without any crash report or so. It seems that the RAM usage is about 99% (the total amount is 7.6 GB).

What could it be?

Steps to Reproduce

Play 6 cycles in a row with the autosave-feature turned on.

User Feedback

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

you are running out off memory, 8 gib memory is too small for both the game and for windows self

Actually, I'm not on Windows. Before I start ONI I have 5.9 GiB of free RAM.

All run smoothly for the first time.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Dimimi said:

Actually, I'm not on Windows. Before I start ONI I have 5.9 GiB of free RAM.

All run smoothly for the first time.

they minimum recommendation is 4GiB that is when you start game but this game can easily also use 10GiB depends how much you played the map

Share this comment

I do also have some game crashes in the latest build related to memory. Strange thing is a have 16 Gib of memory and around 6 free when running the game with the DLC. I have a second monitor running YouTube using Chrome, the browser tabt crashes because of out of memory at the same time as ONI crashes. I have been using this setup like this for more then a year now so it seems strange to be running out of memory now suddenly. Only change have been newer ONI version, Chrome version and newest Nvidia driver. First thing i'm going to try is the driver before the updating.

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_487891_20211128-21.42.25.dmp SimDLL_CRASH_preview_487891_20211128-22.11.02.dmp

Edited by Upload

Share this comment

On 11/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, gabberworld said:

they minimum recommendation is 4GiB that is when you start game but this game can easily also use 10GiB depends how much you played the map

Though, can you explain why I restart the game and continue playing in the same colony without lags?

Edited by Dimimi

Share this comment

On 12/1/2021 at 6:53 PM, Dimimi said:

Though, can you explain why I restart the game and continue playing in the same colony without lags?

that is good question

i not say that there may not have memory leak, but why you can continue play after restart, its because this game not reload everything to the  memory when you start game, i seen myself as well that over 10gb game memory can drop to very low

Share this comment