Memory Leak - Long Pause

WanderingKid
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I don't have enough information to give you an informed problem, but want to let you know of a possible hint to a larger problem.

Game was paused for ~five hours, system went to sleep.  When I came back online system required an extended soft reboot to clear issue and was feisty about showing error messages.  Memory was 97-100%, usual load is 40-65%.  Active background software was ONI and Norton for load, everything else was at usual 2% or less levels.  Additional load includes: TS3, Realtek Audio, Citrix Receiver, Steam, Creative Cloud, Radeon Settings, and Corsair utility Engine. 

Within ONI the following actions were occurring to the best of my memory, which I don't completely trust: Massive amount of plumbing pipes being built with 2 Liquid Bridges.  About 100 or so squares of dig requests.  Some atmosphere cell changes between O2 and PO2.  2 Electrolizers where barely online and still corralling Hydrogen/Oxygen distribution.  Some state changes for PH2O warmth in Ice Biome.  Anything else would be to common to isolate, and I couldn't manage to get the game to create a save, and it was 2/3 of a cycle since the last one.  Hard to confirm anything.... sorry.

Steps to Reproduce
Near impossible. Just hoping to give someone a fighting chance.

User Feedback

I just discovered the same thing with the Cosmos update - and it only took a ten minute pause to create noticable framerate change. I'm playing on pretty basic hardware.

save.sav

Share this comment