Medbay toilet unusable

martosss
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I posted it in the general discussion, but it should probably be here.

1. Make a med bay with an Outhouse
  2. Dupes don't use the Outhouse when there are no patients - Outhouse is "assigned to Medbay"

It should have a "make public"/"unassign from Medbay" option, or become public automatically when there are no sick dupes. Having to intentionally deconstruct doors/mess hall tables to break the medbay is definitely not a  proper solution.

I tried saving/loading - the outhouse still says "assigned to medbay" with no other available option.

Here's a safe file - Ants C21 Cycle 23.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1) Make a med bay with an Outhouse, 2) Dupes don't use the Outhouse when there are no patients - Outhouse is "assigned to Medbay"

User Feedback

They are only used by someone that is assigned to a Med Bed. It is designed to try and minimize their ability to spread diseases. It is how that room is supposed to work. The mess table is assigned to Med Bay also.

• Like 1

Share this comment

15 hours ago, R-Mike said:

They are only used by someone that is assigned to a Med Bed. It is designed to try and minimize their ability to spread diseases. It is how that room is supposed to work. The mess table is assigned to Med Bay also.

When there are no sick dupes, there's no possibility to spread disease.

If the problem is disease spreading, then dupes shouldn't be allowed to enter the med bay at all. If I put doors on the two ends of the medbay dupes will pass through and spread much more disease than the toilet ever could.

Again, having a "make public" option makes sense for me, even if the toilet becomes assigned automatically when there's a dupe assigned to the med bay. Given that toilets are large and they might require plumbing, having enough toilets is an issue, so using them more efficiently/intelligently should be possible without deconstruction.

Or maybe I should be allowed to "turn off" the med bay status, so it reverts to a latrine(although that won't work, since there is still a med bed and a mess table inside).

Share this comment