Manual Airlock Allowing Wild Creatures Through

SilverNox
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I might not think it was a bug if in the door's description it didn't specifically say they it doesn't allow wild creatures through.

This drecko went through this door as well as three other manual airlocks to get to this point. Though I really didn't want to, I had to kill it because it continued to get into this and the other farm and ate the plants while my Dups starved...

20180913160347_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Have wild creatures locked out of an area with a manual airlock. Eventually they will navigate through the doors while your dups go about their work.

User Feedback

Yea, the only door that seems to actually stop creatures from going through even when open is the pneumatic one.  A powered door opens and closes so quick though that usually critters don't have time to get through.  Then again, a pneumatic door is pretty quick too, so maybe that's all that is happening: doors only stop critters when closed.

Share this comment

On 9/14/2018 at 10:25 AM, psusi said:

Yea, the only door that seems to actually stop creatures from going through even when open is the pneumatic one.  A powered door opens and closes so quick though that usually critters don't have time to get through.  Then again, a pneumatic door is pretty quick too, so maybe that's all that is happening: doors only stop critters when closed.

You're probably right and is something that I've thought. I think the annoying part is I've seen them walk through the manual doors when visually they look closed. Like the side gear things might still be moving a little bit but the actual door looks like it has closed. I imagine that code wise until the whole animation is done it is considered open or something like that. Just a pain to watch a slow drecko meander through what looks like a solid door XD

Share this comment

On 9/14/2018 at 7:25 PM, psusi said:

A powered door opens and closes so quick though that usually critters don't have time to get through.

Many tamed squeaky pufts got through my powered airlock. ;)

Share this comment

5 hours ago, ThirdEye said:

Many tamed squeaky pufts got through my powered airlock. ;)

By usually I meant most of the time.  Sometimes they do still sneak through, but much less than with a manual airlock.

Share this comment