Lost 200,000 Kg of Fresh Water

rodsandaxes
  • Pending

Water vanishes when trying to move it from one source to another.  I tried to divert H2O from the left area of the screen to the lower reservoir on the right, but the water levels never rose and 200,000 Kg [sic] was lost.

20170223232154_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Try moving one one liquid source to combine it with another. Kg [sic] turn into g [sic] and are lost.

User Feedback

I lost the remaining 200,000 Kg in 4 cycles.  I only had a single oxygen machine (which was only working 1/5 of the time), and a supercomputer running.  The values for conversion between grammes and kilogrammes must be incorrect.  I suspect that kilogrammes of water (600 Kg/s) are being sucked into an oxygen machine rather than grammes (600 g/s).

Even after you change Kg to L, and g to mL, it would probably be wise to check the code and make sure that the values are being calculated correctly.  I should have had 33 actual hours of water available at these usage rates where I only had about 33 minutes.

Considering how important liquids and liquid management is to this game, I should say that these are important bugs to fix. :)

20170224002809_1.jpg

Share this comment

did you by chance use any of the "special" pipes?   Specifically the filtering one? 
For some reason, the filter pipe appears to be (quite consistently) deleting every other "blob" that passes through it.
the "pass over" pip also seems to be deleting "blobs" occasionally as well.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Trollsamaa said:

did you by chance use any of the "special" pipes?   Specifically the filtering one? 
For some reason, the filter pipe appears to be (quite consistently) deleting every other "blob" that passes through it.
the "pass over" pip also seems to be deleting "blobs" occasionally as well.

When it appears to be deleting blobs it's actually passing the remaining mass down the line to the end of it after it merges 2 partial blobs.

Share this comment

Im not enterly convinced, I have a 2 tank closed system for clean and dirty water that is used only for showers and toilets.
I would occasionally have to top them up due to standard losses.  After mixing a little dirty into the clean, I added a filtering pipe to allow the clean on as per usual, but to pull any dirty water out to go in the dirty tank again.  As soon as i added this, My tanks would drain rapidly emptying in a few cycles. 

I have also found that any time I hook one up into a system running machines that use liquid resources, i would have the same result, A huge dip in performance without a dip in consumption, despite having no change in actual throughput. 

there have been several bug reports showing the same findings as well. though i have only personally made observations in active systems thus far and not made any proper closed "testing only" systems yet. (if only we had creative mode for this kind of thing >.> )

Edited by Trollsamaa

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Trollsamaa said:

Im not enterly convinced, I have a 2 tank closed system for clean and dirty water that is used only for showers and toilets.
I would occasionally have to top them up due to standard losses.  After mixing a little dirty into the clean, I added a filtering pipe to allow the clean on as per usual, but to pull any dirty water out to go in the dirty tank again.  As soon as i added this, My tanks would drain rapidly emptying in a few cycles. 

I have also found that any time I hook one up into a system running machines that use liquid resources, i would have the same result, A huge dip in performance without a dip in consumption, despite having no change in actual throughput.

there have been several bug reports showing the same findings as well. though i have only personally made observations in active systems thus far and not made any proper closed "testing only" systems yet. (if only we had creative mode for this kind of thing >.> )

That's actually due to a reported bug. There's no loss of water from the toilets and showers.
The water packets are just destroying themselves when they try to merge with each other in the pipes.
Been playing the game with the bug fixed and it's insane seeing the water levels actually rising from
contaminated water from the slime biome being purified even though I have like 5 other machines consuming from it.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Risu said:

Been playing the game with the bug fixed

So this bug has been addressed in the last 48 hours? I do not see it mentioned in any recent patch notes, and have not got far enough to actually check it in game (I started a new save to do proper testing :P) and this issue was one i was having at the time of posting.

Its too late right now for me to continue trying to build a test save but im curious to know if this was silently fixed, or if we are talking about 2 potentially different issues. (im feeling the second is most likely)

Edited by Trollsamaa

Share this comment