Lobby Doors stuck in Locked state

outseeker
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi, I have a problem with my current game that the Lobby Doors of the surface facility are stuck in a Locked state, and dupes can't/won't go and toggle it to any other state. It can't be automated, so I'm stuck. I'd prefer to not have to deconstruct it.

The only thing I can think of that might have somehow upset it is that I had a ladder acting as the internal side of the door's floor, though I replaced it with a tile to make sure they have somewhere to stand when toggling, but it's not helped.

Initially I toggled it to Open no problem, and Auto, but after I toggled it to Locked (and left the game possibly, not sure when the bug began) it could no longer be toggled to any other state.

Steps to Reproduce

- Use a ladder as the floor tile on the internal side of the Lobby Door (same place a tile would normally go to allow normal/"proper" access to a door)

- Toggle the door open, then Auto, then Locked

- *Exit the game (not sure if it's necessary, but I think I did before I next tried to open the doors)

- Reload the game and try to toggle the Lobby Door to any state from its locked state

Timeline.sav

User Feedback

Additional notes:

I just deconstructed the tiles below the Lobby Doors to the point where a dupe could stand directly below the doors and toggle them.

It seems for some reason the game believes the tile on the right (or ladder I initially had on the right) of the Lobby Doors internally doesn't provide a valid place for them to toggle the doors from. When I give them somewhere else to stand (below the doors) they are able to toggle them.

edit: to be clear, I could manually send a dupe to the door and they would move to the correct position to normally allow them to toggle said door, but they refuse to toggle it, even at 9 priority.

edit2: with the above knowledge, I built an additional ladder on the right of the door which should have been another valid position from which they could toggle the door I believe, but again they weren't able. It seems the door is saying there is no way to interact with it from the entire right side.

Edited by outseeker
clarification

Share this comment

Another small correction, I tried again and it seems that at the point the Lobby Doors have no tiles underneath them, the door resets whatever dodgy status it had and dupes can interact with it again. I tried just removing 2 tiles deep from one side of the doors, so there's room under there for a dupe, but they still didn't interact with the doors.

Share this comment

I was having the same exact issue. Damn, how hard is it for doors to be unlocked from either side? Same happens to some frozen biome security doors... Anyway, I was able to solve it by editing the save file using this tool. Just look for a POIFacilityDoor on the Raw editor and then on its door behaviour change "controlState" to 1.

Share this comment

thanks jp, i was able to work around it by removing any tiles from below the door but it would be great if we didn't have to find a work around hey? :)

Share this comment