Loading oxylite into a rocket appears to have had problems in the past, seems to be half-broken now.

brucemo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Please bear with me.

I was in the process of building a petroleum rocket. When I got to the oxidizer tank, I wondered why it wouldn't load oxylite. I searched online and found that you need to build a gantry. This is a bug I think because something in the game should tell you, but it's minor and I don't care, because Google is my co-pilot.

So I built a gantry. Somewhere in here I noticed that the default was to load like 2500 kg of oxidizer, so I changed this to the amount I wanted. I noticed that the errand was still for 2500 kg of oxylite.

I hoped this was a visual bug but no, 2500 kg came, 2500 kg went into the rocket, and I said the f-word.

I tried to figure out how to get it out and it looked like a better solution was not to put it in there in the first place, so I reloaded.

I created a pretty good workaround but when it was half finished I watched a dupe walk into the room and grab the correct amount of oxylite out of the storage bin that was in the room.

Apparently a reload generates the correct errand on load, so the bug here is that you have to reload your game before you can get the correct errand to generate, otherwise it tries to put too much in the rocket.

I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I didn't try to reproduce this from the top. I did verify that the errand was correct on reload even if you build the gantry after reload. I speculate that you just have to set the right amount the day before.

But something in here is a bug.

Steps to Reproduce
See description.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

You dont need a gantry, but it helps. You just have a way to access the tank. This can be a ladder, or a jet-suit as well. 

And overfilled tanks have to be cleared by a dupe as well. This may take some time. Set your tank to a higher priority. 

But yes, there is a bug, causing tanks (solid or liquid) to not update the new amount. Deconstructing, or save/reload will work for now. 

Share this comment

These rocket pieces are 5 wide by 5 high. I don't know what happens if you put a ladder segment directly next to the rocket, i.e. 3 tiles from rocket centerline, but 4 tiles from rocket centerline doesn't work. The errand doesn't get generated in that case until the gantry is activated.

Verified that the errand was incorrect, then corrected itself immediately after reload.

Share this comment

I managed to get it to work without a reload by setting the proper amount *immediately* after the part was built, before it had a chance to create the errand.

Share this comment