"Liquid Vent Obstructed" error for working shower

ThatLazyCrazyLady
  • Pending

Hi!

I got a Liquid Vent Obstructed error for a working shower. The liquid vent was where this system exits to is above water level. Dupes were still able to use the shower, though.

20170306171143_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I think this happened because I accidentally demolished a pipe when I replaced the outhouse with a lavatory. The error did not disappear even when I reconnected the pipes. Oddly enough, only the first shower got the error.

User Feedback

Hello @ThatLazyCrazyLady, welcome to the forums.

I could be entirely wrong, but I think what's causing the Liquid Vent Obstructed issue is that the right shower is technically blocking the existing pipe I highlighted red in the image below. You shouldn't actually be able to place pipes on top of showers, which is causing the Liquid Vent Obstructed to occur. My best guess at what happened is that the pipes were laid down first before the shower?

image10.png

Share this comment

I had a similar issue with my Gas Vent Obstructed when I broke connecting pipes and then re-fixed them. I found a solution, where I deconstructed the vents themselves, then reconstructed them, and it all registered as a-okay. Maybe it'll help you the same with your liquid vents. 

Share this comment

Hi @Zillvr! Thank you! The shower was placed before the pipes, although I did accidentally deconstruct one pipe on a lavatory before the error occurred. But I see what you mean. I hope this doesn't cause a real blockage, though. I like this setup because it doesn't require pipe bridges.

@dragonbornkat Thanks. I'll see if that works.

Share this comment

I see 3 empty tiles above ceiling so my guess it happened when the piece of sand fall down on the node when you build the ceiling an entombed it. Later your removed the sand and shower start working again but red notification icon and red tooltip string stuck there forever. It happens to me all the time but its cosmetic ui problem. Most notorious one is one with air vent overepressurised status icon. If pressure reach it maximum value at any given time the icon appears and stay when pressure drops. It don’t even have to be entombed to provoke this bug.

Share this comment