Liquid Valve slowly eats water from non-flowing pipes

Chuckh
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

New to bug reporting...  but I love this game so goddamn much I want to help if I can. I know this bug can be worked around (make sure pipes that the valve is built on aren't connected), but it seems relevant.

Anyway, I was working on forcing the water to go left to a distiller I have way downstairs, and I built a valve on two full (10kg H2O in all spaces) pipe squares with water that wasn't flowing as the first step, and noticed:

1. Water was going from the "Liquid Pipe under the Green Arrow" into the "Valve's Intake square"
2. The valve can't seem to "store" any water, so it just slowly disappeared (you can see it's down to 7kg from 10kg in the screenshot)

I've also uploaded the save file, let me know if anything else would help!

P.S.: Bonus points if anyone can tell me why my dupes won't deliver plastic to the High Pressure Air Vent I'm trying to build at the bottom...  I've set the clock sensors to 100% on and the dupes can definitely navigate there (they built the regular vent, and delivered Gold to the HPVA...  but no plastic). Same deal with the Mini Liquid Pump in the bottom left of the map.  Not a bug necessarily, but I can't figure it out! Could it just be my RAM? I've only got 4GB because my Dell L502x XPS 15 laptop crashes with 8GB...  Game seems to run OK though, apart from some chugging each time the day starts.

P.P.S.: I also know my base is ugly as sin. Waiting to see if I can build a base of diamond for the next release...  ;) 

20180122213246_1.jpg

Dreadrock (Valve Eats Water).sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Fill a pipe with 10kg water that isn't moving anywhere 2. Build a valve on top 3. Water will go into Valve Intake square and be deleted

User Feedback

rebuild your plumbing line right there, you are bypassing your valve causing an internal valve loop on itself which is causing the appearance of eating your water, seriously, right inside that red box look, your plumbing goes across the valve instead of through it

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

I know it does. I said so in my description that it was the first step and I know how to circumvent it (rebuild the pipe underneath).

Share this comment

You can mitigate morning lag spikes with door timers on your bedrooms that stagger the dupes access to the base.

Share this comment

They tend to wake up at different times with the work-area doors, which seems to have helped a bit.

I figured out that the high pressure vent building (and other high-tech buildings), even at 9, has a lower priority, so I just had to lower the priority of a bunch of other 9-level things and they finally did it.

Now to figure out the best way to separate water from oil... Slicksters don't convert CO2 to Oil if they're on water...

Edited by Chuckh

Share this comment

That would work...  Wastes a lot of dupe time though.

It seems the lag spike just comes from when the game is autosaving each morning. Still happens on my new PC.

Share this comment