Liquid physics not quite right

the Karyonite
  • Branch: Live Branch Known Issue

Water is not behaving like it should, as in my experience it always flows to the lowest available point.

1) Not flowing away into the pool below, even though there's no ground left and right.

2) Water is only slowly trickling down, even though it should massively flow down to the next floor

3) Water sticking to the ceiling

Inked20170601124713_1_LI.jpg

Yellow Valley.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load the savegame. Basically I dug a big hole underneath a basin and then dug upwards.

User Feedback

I experience this issue daily, so you are not alone, for the piece that is hanging though it is most likely due to the polluted water that the clean water is not flowing, they seem very iffy when together as they act as two separate bodies. But surprisingly part number 1 and 3 can happen in real life but only in small quantities where the surface tension and the hydrogen bonds can stop the water from flowing, The same can be seen when you slowly fill a cup to above the brim it tends to become rounded at the edge. if there is too much force the tension breaks and the excess flows off of the cup. 

Share this comment

There is another annoyance: Water on the floor creates dry pockets if CO2 is on the floor, too, if the CO2 has no way to escape. Even 500kg of Water are not able to push the CO2 away. To reproduce, find any surface with atmosphere above, place some CO2 there (debug mode? or a duplicant working there), then flood the corridor from a water reservoir above. Results in situation as in the following screenshot pics. 

liquid bug.gif

Likely happens with other conflicts of two gasses and any liquid.

Share this comment