Liquid Germ Sensor Issue in DLC

hungrycheeze1
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: OSX Pending

Hey Everyone,

I think I found a bug with the Liquid Germ Sensors in the Spaced Out DLC.  Attached are pictures of my typical set up for a auto germ killer with backup storage, but for some reason the water is coming out with 0 germs even though its sitting at about 400 in the tank.  Normally what happens is the water will pass the sensor, see it's above 0 germs and reroute to the end of the line to keep killing germs.  However, the sensor is constantly reading 0, and dumping on the other end at 0.  

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 7.46.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 7.46.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 7.47.16 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

I can't seems to make it work the way it's intended, so just building the same setup should make it do the same thing.

User Feedback

Unfortunately we cant see where you placed the sensor. In some cases, the sensor will just not work. For example on entry or exit points of pipe-bridges, the sensor will never work as you would think it should.

I wont rule out its a bug, but in most of the cases its just an oversight, and normal behavior.

Share this comment

21 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Unfortunately we cant see where you placed the sensor. In some cases, the sensor will just not work. For example on entry or exit points of pipe-bridges, the sensor will never work as you would think it should.

I wont rule out its a bug, but in most of the cases its just an oversight, and normal behavior.

Whoops!  I didn't even realize that.  It's still doing it today, but its reading the germs all wrong still. In the pic you can see there are 4 germs reading, but there's over 1,500 in the tank at the moment.  It's now cycling back to the overflow/recycle tank, but as I said it's still reading the germs weirdly.  I know that chlorine kills germs super fast, but I don't think it drops from 1,500 to 4 in less than a second.843885733_ScreenShot2021-01-10at7_18_23PM.thumb.png.61028bf678455c2b1021eadeed647d88.png 

Share this comment

Ah, i think you confused something... the value inside the tank is the value inside the tank. The value of the germs in the pipe is not equal the value in the tank. The value of the water inside the pipe can be much lower or higher (if the flow is blocked, and germs die or multiply) 

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Ah, i think you confused something... the value inside the tank is the value inside the tank. The value of the germs in the pipe is not equal the value in the tank. The value of the water inside the pipe can be much lower or higher (if the flow is blocked, and germs die or multiply) 

The pipe was free flowing until about an hour ago when the reservoir filled outside the kill chamber. I know it changes a little, but it was killing 1500+ germs in 2 pipe sections. I’ve used this germ killer for like 300 hours and it’s never killed them that fast outside of the tanks.  I know it also slows once it hits double digits inside the tanks, but never have noticed it killing outside in the pipes. I thought it didn’t kill germs in the pipe itself only in the tanks. 

Share this comment

I don't think there's anything wrong.
The bacteria count in the tank indicates that there are 524 bacteria in 5000kg of water.
The pipe on the output side draws 10kg of water from it.
Therefore, the number of bacteria in the pipe is diluted to 1/500.

10kg/5000kg * 524germs = 1.048germs

Share this comment