Liquid being destroyed a bit at a time by offgassing of solids

Nebbie
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

This is a rather interesting bug and appears to be related to what I've seen reported on the forums with offgassing solids destroying, for instance, a pocket of gas where the offgassing solid is. So I wanted to prevent my critter feeder for pokeshells from offgassing, as it really leads to annoying behavior (picking up small amounts of polluted dirt constantly), and thus built it in a little divet which I had dupes pour ethanol into. However, the offgassing continued, as it apparently comes from the top tile of the critter feeder...but each time, disturbing the ethanol. Moreover, the ethanol is reduced in mass by about 10g each time it comes back after offgassing occurs. Attached is the save from just as the ethanol is disappearing (around 250g left seems to result in it all going at once); there's some ethanol (over 2kg) a ways downwards that can be put in to see more deletion occur.

The Future Trainwreck.sav

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce
Fill a one tile hole with ethanol (I'd assume it works with other liquids) and place a critter feeder (again, would assumably work with storage compactor too) , then fill with polluted dirt (and again, should be the same for something like bleach stone or oxylite).

User Feedback

Perhaps it is not the offgassing of solids, but offgassing in general that is causing an issue?  I have wild slicksters that are excreting crude oil into a pool of polluted water;  the crude oil is disappearing at what seems to be the same time that a nearby tile of polluted water converts some of its mass to polluted oxygen.

Share this comment

On 8/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, Denalo said:

Perhaps it is not the offgassing of solids, but offgassing in general that is causing an issue?  I have wild slicksters that are excreting crude oil into a pool of polluted water;  the crude oil is disappearing at what seems to be the same time that a nearby tile of polluted water converts some of its mass to polluted oxygen.

Quite possible. Gas interactions are all sorts of messed up in this game, it's very easy to accidentally delete mass.

Share this comment