Linear items (i.e. pipes, wires, vent) don't build

GoTron88
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Seems especially bad with wires.  Basically the outline will appear, but don't actually get queued.  The best workaround I have is to check if there's a priority associated with the build item.  If not, I have to try assigning it over and over again until the priority appears.  That's when I know it will build. It's not just an occasional problem.  Happens pretty much any time I build a pipe, wire, or vent.

Steps to Reproduce
As stated above, just need to try building a linear construction item and it will happen.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Is this the problem, you draw a line, it diplays it as queued, but no build job is assigned in reality? If so, my experience is, this is caused mostly when the system is on heavy stress, causing some kind of hickup. Have you had this problem before? Whats the computers specs?

Share this comment

7 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

If so, my experience is, this is caused mostly when the system is on heavy stress

That should be easy to test. Try pausing the game and see if that fixes the problem. Sure it's not a proper fix, but it's a way to test what happens when the CPU isn't maxed out.

Also what kind of FPS do you get when the problem occurs?

Share this comment