Likely resolved - Dupes delete fluid when walking over them

simonchvz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Edit: Likely resolved in comments by @nakomaru and @neotuck.   

On this save file, there is a small amount of crude oil acting as a liquid lock in the top right corner of a gold geyser setup at the mid-bottom of the map. The liquid lock will sometimes disappear when the dupes walk over it.  I've only observed it when they're pathing from within the volcano room, over the lock, and back down the ladder to the right outside the room.  It appears to happen about half the time a dupe takes that pathing from this save point.

Tragic Shack.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Edit: Likely resolved in comments by @nakomaru and @neotuck.    On this save file, there is a small amount of crude oil acting as a liquid lock in the top right corner of a gold geyser setup at the mid-bottom of the map. The liquid lock will sometimes disappear when the dupes walk over it.  I've only observed it when they're pathing from within the volcano room, over the lock, and back down the ladder to the right outside the room.  It appears to happen about half the time a dupe takes that pathing from this save point.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Most likely the liquid gets displaced by CO2 exhaled by a dupe as it passes though.

This is a common issue with single tile liquid airlocks.  Better to upgrade to a 4 tile liquid lock

• Like 1

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

I had time to check, it turns out they are in atmosuits and grabbing 1500K tungsten and bringing it through less than 300g of oil. :)

Okay I didn't check the save file, 

Your theory seems more likely

• Like 1

Share this comment