Lagging for every alternate second.

Vamshi_goud
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The game used to work normally before, but suddenly in the game started lagging. I tried restarting the game, restarting the computer and verifying the Local file but nothing seems to work.
I'm also providing the save_files and I couldn't find the "output_log.txt"  file. 

and its only happening in "Clickbait Colony". other colonies are fine.

as shown in this Video.

I did some experimenting and found out that the issue is caused by coal generators.

save_files.zip

Steps to Reproduce
Building coal generators.

User Feedback

I´ve loaded your blickbait save, but its fine. There is not much at all, that could cause problems. Its not the savegame. Do you use mods?

• Like 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I´ve loaded your blickbait save, but its fine. There is not much at all, that could cause problems. Its not the savegame. Do you use mods?

Thank you for trying, but there are two colonies withe the same name you need to open "Clickbait Colony" not Just "Clickbait".

Oh and I don't use mods.

Edited by Vamshi_goud
added last line

Share this comment

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Thats the one i´ve loaded. Its in an early stage yes?

No, the one with two coal generator at the bottom right and tow fire poles. the name is "Clickbait Colony" not "Clickbait".

Share this comment

"clickbait colony": the generators are there, but no fire poles. The save "clickbait" is just cycle 0, thats not the one i meant. 

Did you provide the right save file?

Share this comment

1 minute ago, SharraShimada said:

"clickbait colony": the generators are there, but no fire poles. The save "clickbait" is just cycle 0, thats not the one i meant. 

Did you provide the right save file?

Yes, that one. the one with the generators. I might played it a little after the bug report hence no fire poles for you,
but did you notice any lag, like every half a second it stutters. It was driving me crazy.
and thank you for taking time and replying. I would've gave up by now.

Share this comment

Nope no lag at all, sorry. I cant verify your problem in any way. And it should not lag at all at that stage of gameplay, when other saves work fine. Meaning your computer can handle it, at least at this load. There is something odd going on it seems.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Nope no lag at all, sorry. I cant verify your problem in any way. And it should not lag at all at that stage of gameplay, when other saves work fine. Meaning your computer can handle it, at least at this load. There is something odd going on it seems.

wait, I'll provide a video.

Share this comment

On 9/10/2019 at 2:55 AM, SharraShimada said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xn4YUK8ZbmNhwVHU7

Here follow this link, the first save which is "duck weed colony" which runs fine and the second one is "Clickbait Colony" which is lagging.

Share this comment

I see... But thats not the behavior on my computer with same savegame. It runs smooth. This problem is know in general, but not on a colony that smal... There is simply not enough going on to bring anything to stall. 

This is something the devs have to adress. For now, i would suggest, just play another round, which, it seems, works fine, and forget about this one save. If it happens again... i dont know.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I see... But thats not the behavior on my computer with same savegame. It runs smooth. This problem is know in general, but not on a colony that smal... There is simply not enough going on to bring anything to stall. 

This is something the devs have to adress. For now, i would suggest, just play another round, which, it seems, works fine, and forget about this one save. If it happens again... i dont know.

So, I did some experimenting and came to the conclusion that it has something to do with coal generators. I loaded a previous cycle where I didn't built any coal generators as expected the game runs smoothly. and also as shown in the video the first colony, the bigger colony has no coal generators and runs smoothly.

and How can I reach developers?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Vamshi_goud said:

and How can I reach developers?

That, you´ve already done by posting here... What about your save, if you destroy the coal generators? Does it work then?

• Like 1

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

That, you´ve already done by posting here... What about your save, if you destroy the coal generators? Does it work then?

Sadly No...

Share this comment