Inverted Thermodynamics

Afaeyer
  • Pending

So, having already been fallen victim to the ABSOLUTE ZERO crash (by looping the same gas through multiple thermo regulators until it reaches 0*k), I've been experimenting with creating passive cooling to regulate the overall temperatures in my base to promote cultivation. As you can see, the gas being piped through the room is dropping in temperature, however the temperature in the room is rising. I'm entirely certain that isn't how temperature exchange works... otherwise, my refrigerator would be molten inside.

Screenshot 2017-02-22 19.17.50.pngScreenshot 2017-02-22 19.17.53.pngScreenshot 2017-02-22 19.17.58.pngScreenshot 2017-02-22 19.18.13.pngScreenshot 2017-02-22 19.18.29.png

Steps to Reproduce
Pump gas into a loop with multipe thermo-regulators in-sequence. Make sure that the output runs through insulated pipe into another room. Use non-insulated pipe as it crosses said room. Then pipe it back into the first thermo-regulator in the loop via insulated gas pipe again.

User Feedback

i mean, technically its not wrong.... The pipe is cooling because the heat is transferring into the much cooler room..... but realistically I would just not expect to see any meaningful impact in the room from a single pipe, unless the pipe is pumping gasses from the core of the sun lol.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Trollsamaa said:

The pipe is cooling because the heat is transferring into the much cooler room

The pipe should not cool because the heat is transferring into the much warmer room.

Share this comment

You have gas permable tile in every room, so it negates all the insulated wall since gas can flow freely in the whole base.

All that battery generates huge amount of heat that your piping system cant negate.

Share this comment