Infinite Heat production with Kilns

VitorF
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

So I was making a small setup to partially automate ceramic and refined carbon production, and I found an exploit of sorts, I think.

I selected a single Kiln to produce refined carbon out of coal, then I copied the settings of that Kiln to the others.

In less than a cycle, I had enough refined carbon, so I cancelled the prodution on the Kiln on the right, and copied the settings to the others on the left.

To my surprise, the production halted on all of them, but in the Kilns that I "turned off" with the "copy settings" function, the heat production did not cease, and the coal in them was not being consumed.

It wasn't only the heat production tooltip that did not disappear, the Kilns were still doing the active animation, and heat was indeed being produced.

Kiln.png

Kiln2.png

Steps to Reproduce
Disable Kilns' production by using the "copy settings" command

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Aditionally, Kilns don't have an overheat temperature, so I guess this could potentially be abused to produce steam energy/heat.

Also, sorry for bad english.

Share this comment