Increase water resource amount/decrease graphic volume

RKBKirin
  • Pending

I was trying to build tiles around a water reservoir to prevent leaks using a mob with the Amphibious trait and I found doing this decreases the visual volume of the water while drastically increasing the amount of water listed in the Resources tab. 

The image below shows a starting plan.  All three Dupes have the Amphibious trait so they can make the tiles standing inside and under the water.  According to the Resource tab the starting amount of water is 14,579.9 kgs. Ladders have been built to allow Dupes access to all the water so it shows up in the Resource tab - at least I believe that's how it works?

Water test 00A plan ,.jpg

The amount of water listed in the Resouces tab begins to increase as tile-building begins.

Water test 01.jpg

Once all tiles are built the visual graphic of the water is lower than the start, but the Resources tab says there is 248,885kgs. No contaminated water leaked into the reservoir.  The horizontal ladder was built because a bug occurred stopping the Dupes from walking to the right ladder (one square to the left of it actually) after they had built it.  This occurred after they had left the reservoir to get more materials and had their outhouse-less accidents.

Water test 07 done..jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Use Dupes with Amphibious feat Have Dupes build tiles standing inside the water The more tiles that are built, the lower the waters appears but the more water is made in the Resource tab.

User Feedback

The resource tab tracks what your dupes can reach. By dropping the water level you gave access to more tiles.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 3/21/2017 at 2:14 AM, Risu said:

The resource tab tracks what your dupes can reach. By dropping the water level you gave access to more tiles.

Just so I understand the mechanic, does this mean the resource tab only registers water tiles that are in the Dupes' 2 square (I think its 2) range rather than the entire reservoir even though it is technically accessible?  And as the left side of the reservoir dropped more water tiles got into that 2 square range because of those steps along the bottom left?

Then shouldn't I have seen the water resource increase as I built the ladder on the right and the overhead ladders which would bring more water tiles into range?   I did not notice that happened, the water resource increase only seemed to happen as the floor tiles were created but I may be mistaken. 

(Deconstructing the overhead and the ladders on the right side of the last image should then drop the amount of water list in the resource tab?)

Edited by RKBKirin

Share this comment