Incorrect Dupe Starting Traits

MisterNew
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

When choosing starting Duplicants, they sometimes do not end up having the correct stats in-game.

First time I noticed, I chose to roll a digger. Dupe choice screen said Digging +7, but then in-game had +7 athletics instead.

Second try. I exited to main menu, started new game again. I rolled another +7 Digging Dupe, and this time in-game he had +7 science instead.

Third try it worked properly, and all my Dupes had the correct starting stats.

All three times, I rolled a +7 Digger with Buff, a +7 Researcher with Quick Learner, and a +7 Rancher. The diggers were the only Dupes I noticed this bug happening with.

Steps to Reproduce
I was attempting to get a starting Duplicant with +7 Digging and the Buff trait.

User Feedback

Additional info - the Dupes did have the correct interest (digging) on the skills screen, despite having the incorrect skill points allocated.

Share this comment

I have also noticed this bug multiple times. Can confirm it seems to only happen with Single Interest - Digging +7.

Exactly as stated above, they retain the correct interest (Digging) but the +7 appears to be allocated into a random stat.

Share this comment

Additional info on this issue:

It appears that this issue is caused by using the "influence reroll" option on a duplicant.  In the two games where I tried that option (I just got the game the other day) this bug occurred, but I have not seen it in the 10+ other games I've started.  Since it happened the only 2 times I used the influence option, I'm led to believe this is related.

Share this comment