hungry but fridge is full

Kimenzar
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Hi, my Duplicant Nikola feels hungry but doesn't eat. I restricted him to his appartment and his Jobplace( The Oilrefinery), even with a fridge full of lice he doesnt want to sit down an eat. The only 3 Places there food is, is another appartment(His Co-worker) and the farm, i restricted for him too. He can't get to the second Fridge(Co Worker ones).

Not a Fix: Reloaded the savegame and he found it apetizing again :D

Edit: Not a fix: this time Turner doesn't want to eat

Edit 2: Found some new Bugs:

Sometimes other dupes get stuck, staying on the place idling(Without idling message). They dont have access to the 2 dupes appartment but access to the farm.

Then some of my Duplicants idle, they waste the power of the Transit Tube Access, getting in the tube and then directly out. replicable by just deactivating the oilrefineries and waiting.

Nothinginthefridgeyoulike.jpg

Lucky Spacejunkdistrict Cycle 588.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Don't really know, restrict areas, have more than 3 foodplaces use tubes to get to other restricted areas
  • Like 1

User Feedback

no need to be far in the game for this problem to occur.

Not getting food when hungry starts to happen when you restrict  access to a food storage for a specific area which not all dupes can reach.

Dupes idling seems to happen at random for me but it needs enough work load? or maybe i stumble across it more often because i got a lot of dupes running around?

Reloading the game fixes the issue for a little while but well since i play with a lot of dupes usually i start reloading the game every cycle to keep getting dupes working and eating. Sometimes an idling dupe can be fixed by using the move commands a few times.

well at the moment i just get annoyed with it and stop playing after i reach cycle 60 something with 20 dupes running around

Share this comment

I have a similar problem: I have a dupe who can est 3000 kcal and still be hungry. Definitely a bug. It appeared once I loaded a save and does not disappear after reload. See screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 9.01.40 PM.png

Share this comment

@Kimenzar : Do you have restrain Nikola to meal lice ?

If he's authorized to eat something else, maybe he just try to eat a fresher food. ;)

But you're right, he should definitely eat food he can reach.

As a solution, as you make a big use of the transit tube, you should set up a mess room, surrounded with tube accesses so that each duplicant could get in, but can't get out without using his access.

With all the food gathered at the same place, your problem will disaspear. ;) 

Edited by Gwido

Share this comment