GPU morbidly overheating ?

Talavaj
  • Pending

The fps seems to be capped at 60 just fine, but my gpu (hd 6950) struggles to keep the temperatures below 80c.
That's a little weird considering the simplicity of the game.

In comparison, Don't Starve rarely ever crosses the 60c mark, so I have no idea.

Steps to Reproduce
Just play the game, or even just hang around the menu. Hard to tell since it could be hardware specific.

User Feedback

Clean the fan/cooler of the GPU?
The card is colder, so I guess it'll be inside your system for a while: air coolers on GPUs tend to assemble dust (which is worse in case you smoke, as it makes the dust sticky) that inhibits air flow / heat transfer.

Edited by Masterpintsman
clarified

Share this comment

I wouldn't forget about such trivial issue as that.

As I said other games (even much more demanding games such as Witcher 3) run many degrees colder (10~20c)
I monitor pc temperatures constantly using speedfan and my pc has good airflow, since I'm a game artist and work with unity/unreal myself.

It must be something unusual with the game itself because it heats up my gpu to 80c even while staying idle in the menu.
It seems ONI is running on Unity as opposed to whatever DS was using, I noticed GPU overheating is a common issue with many Unity games.

I mean I could cool the game down because the GPU fans are only running at 50%, but it is still ridiculous heat considering no other game even required me to go to 50% in the first place. (other than the long dark, which is also a Unity game and completely devoid of any optimizations really)

Edited by Talavaj

Share this comment