Germy Shower OK?

n37runn3r
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

I accidentally contaminated my water so the dupes were showering in Food Poisoning (so gross!) because I forgot the water purifier doesn't remove germs. They did not get sick, spread the germs to other surfaces, or show as disease vector for Food Poisoning. This gave me an unexpected exploit of not having to keep the germy water separate from the non-germy polluted water I was purifying or heat the water to kill the germs. Clean water still lost germs slowly but even cycling the clean/dirty water in the same tank with a purifier picking up dirty and dumping the clean back in did not cause the germs to spread.

Steps to Reproduce
Mix germy polluted and clean water together in the same tank. Put germy clean water into the showers/sinks. Could not find the log file as I started a new colony after I noticed this issue.

User Feedback

I've been using this all the time. I have a nigh self sustaining bathroom system when I just recycle PW from its reservoir to a Purifier to go through my bathroom system and return back into the PW reservoir. The problem isn't the showers using germy Water, its that the Purifier needs to be updated to remove germs. You currently have to hook up 2 Purifiers to remove all germ from PW, which we shouldn't need to do.

Share this comment

On 10/18/2017 at 12:49 AM, vonVile said:

I've been using this all the time. I have a nigh self sustaining bathroom system when I just recycle PW from its reservoir to a Purifier to go through my bathroom system and return back into the PW reservoir. The problem isn't the showers using germy Water, its that the Purifier needs to be updated to remove germs. You currently have to hook up 2 Purifiers to remove all germ from PW, which we shouldn't need to do.

Interesting, I hadn't tried running it through 2 purifiers. I think it's because the kill temperature is higher than the output temperature of the purifier. The purifier outputs at 30c higher than the input temperature and and boiling is at 100c. 

Share this comment

On 10/19/2017 at 2:20 PM, n37runn3r said:

Interesting, I hadn't tried running it through 2 purifiers. I think it's because the kill temperature is higher than the output temperature of the purifier. The purifier outputs at 30c higher than the input temperature and and boiling is at 100c. 

I only learn this from watching Brothgar videos.

Share this comment