Germ math error with steam turbine

Xuhybrid
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Alright so i've been struggling to find the source for the last two days, of why my clean water supply keeps getting so many germs in it. It's all centered around my polluted water cleaning system. I use a steam turbine room and throw the polluted water in there. The germs die off rapidly and i'm barely adding any germs in at a given time. YET why does cleaning a full tank of 25 million food poisoning germs (polluted water) turn into 800m food poisoning germs in my water storage? I decided to add a water purifier in between to kill off germs beforehand, which made no difference. Now i'm putting in water and turning it into steam. 25k food poisoning germs per packet. Most of it is killed off before the steam turbine activates. Now after watching it closely, look at what i see in the steam output pipe...

oni-germ-bug.thumb.png.74edb62b00d775e5ddc64972ab229ba5.png

There's many sections of pipe like this. All with 2kg of water at 95C and an insane amount of germs. Germs that absolutely could never have existed in any capacity. 1 BILLION germs did not go into that box, never mind multiple billions. Not when each 10kg has only 25,000 germs. This kind of system should be completely viable. I don't think it should be completely clean of germs but the math is clearly beyond broken.

After further observation, this appears to happen independently of any new germ input. The germ count would only get insane when the germ count got low in the steam. No germs came out during the steam turbine's activity until the germ count was low. Hopefully this helps you track down the issue. This whole thing feels like a feedback loop.

Save file: The Impenetrable Paradise.zip

Steps to Reproduce
Fill a steam room with germs and have steam turbine consume it.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.