Germ duplication in falling liquids

Ainsley4ever
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I was trying to build a system to drop large quantities of polluted water on an aquatuner (so that I could heat more polluted water without boiling it) when I came across this bug.

When I drop polluted water with germs through a door, the number of germs in the water doubles or even triples. So, from 2 million germs per tile I ended up with more than 5 million germs per tile of water.

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

Before... (2m germs per tile)

20180922184912_1.thumb.jpg.17af8ba82cc98eb612effa2cdba1206e.jpg

...And after opening the door. (6m germs per tile)

20180922184937_1.thumb.jpg.7cd08cc91ecf512e136f76155798d15e.jpg

I will include a save file: GermBug.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I included a save file for you to check out. Basically you need to build two chambers vertically separated by a door. Put some germy polluted water in the top chamber, on top of the door and open it to let the water fall in the bottom chamber. The germs will be duplicated.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

RU-285480

I've also run into this in my hatch "murder room"

basic setup was a sequence of doors to force the water level up (ignore the mesh tile bottom right, I had to empty it as you'll see)

image.thumb.png.bb7ab905df80377bac4a2e7e695ac9d0.png

so every day the clean water was forced up and would fall back down when the doors open, any excess hatches from the stables would be drowned for the meat. Not sure how the first food poison germ got into the water as it was filled from a supply from a steam vent, but anyway, something got in there... 

First indication something was off was 4 of my dupes getting food poisoning, only food was mushrooms, pepperbread and bbq... so I tapped the tank and it drained into a catch area at the bottom of the base to be able to query the water (the doors and tiles seem to prevent getting info from the water tiles that also occupy the tiles)

image.png.b524e7151485cf75f1d2f87efa1e8a9d.png

for context the pwater tank the toilets drain into have 20k germs per cell... 

Edited by LeftyRighty

Share this comment