Gases Not Being Sucked Into Space Vacuum

Cody_Clements
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

It does not appear to be functioning correctly or, at least, how I expected it to. Is this supposed to happen? I thought the oxygen would be sucked into the vacuum of space.  I am currently creating a water lock for my heavy watt wire to travel through, in hopes to prevent this vacuum from affecting my base without some kind of way to lock it out. I am connecting my solar panel setup to my power grid... and, this part isn't bug, but I noticed all my batteries overheating and I had to disable my panels and run pipes of cold water through my batteries. Once the pipes are fully connected, I can enable one of my water pumps... I am not used to posting on the forums, but I am curious if this is an issue. The picture, I think, will explain itself. I hope all is well at Klei. Thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into this utterly amazing game! I've only been playing for 90 hours and I expect to put in 1000's of hours. I LOVE ONI!

ONI-Bug-070721-1304.png

Steps to Reproduce

Open your base to the space biome and it will not suck gases from biomes that don't have the space background.

User Feedback

The picture doesn't show at what pressure the gas is. Space-vacuum tiles suck all other gasses but tiles with background wall will usually have low pressure gas if you let a door/gap open (low pressure= less than 50g) for some time until it is a complete vacuum. The mod only shows there is oxygen (I think..?) but not the pressure (I just assumed from color density it would be low but I'm not sure)

Share this comment

I observed over a dozen or more cycles where it kept getting lower and lower, from gram, to milligrams, to micrograms, which doesn't seem very realistic, but there is so much I don't know. The creators know way more than I do about all the concepts this game requires one to learn.

Share this comment

Vacuums in ONI don't really suck (ie, apply a negative pressure) they just act as tiles that a gas can spread into unhindered (ie, in a 2 tile enclosed space, with vacuum in one tile, and a gas in the other, the gas will 'spread' into the vacuum tile until the pressure is roughly equal). So what's happening is that the tiles bordering the vacuum are dividing themselves into the space tiles, the space tile destroys the gas and returns to a vacuum, and the cycle keeps repeating. So it can take quite some time before the game gets down to single-digits of mcg of gas remaining and a vacuum spreads across them.

Share this comment