Gas Spacefarer input port randomly stops working - lethal to automated space mining

isDown
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When in space, the gas spacefarer input port may fail to vent unwanted gas from the gas canister out to space, which stops gas canister pumping oxygen into the room. I am sure this is a bug, because everything will function normally after reloading the game.image.png.d8d99ffaceaa4ffa0a766dc12a376c36.pngimage.png.4c44abfef74e71aca8c1494adc22052a.pngimage.png.0b910c7eb20443bf57be9b15b167c5a4.png

Steps to Reproduce

The rocket uses oxygen from its gas cargo canister

• send a rocket to a space POI with harvestable gas resource
  • After starting mining, the canister will contain newly gathered CO2/ Polluted -O2 and immediately pump them out via gas output fitting to the gas spacefarer input port. The port will then jam if no reloading is done

cycle 2081 auto saved - assign pilot Catalina to rocket [Petroleum UBG-proof S.M.] 

cycle 2081 manually saved - rocket [Petroleum UBG-proof S.M.] set off to [organic mass field]

cycle 2084 auto saved - rocket [Petroleum UBG-proof S.M.] will arrive in 0.9 cycle

cycle 2085 auto saved - already jammed

cycle 2088 manually saved - oxygen depleted in the spacefarer module

• Like 1

User Feedback

inverse situation, but most likely the same bug:

My mod "Rocketry Expanded" has a fix for it built in

Edited by SGT_Imalas
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Chiming in to say I've encountered this as well. It went away after reload so I didn't capture a repro scenario.

Share this comment

I also have seen this bug and the resulting dead duplicants because the port is not venting to space properly. I have also seen this randomly start to work as the rocket moves through space. I don't understand it; there appears to be no rhyme or reason to the port working.

Share this comment

On 12/6/2023 at 5:29 AM, yoakenashi said:

there appears to be no rhyme or reason to the port working.

there is a reason for it:
due to a bug in the implementation, all rocket interior ports share their "is allowed to dump material" parameter.

this bug changes the behavior of every rocket port  in all rockets, each time a singular rocket lands on a planet or goes to space:

- "going to space" leads to ports in landed rockets leaking if the outside pipe is blocked,

- "landing" leads to ports of flying rockets no longer dumping materials.

loading a game sets all ports to the state of whatever rocket initialized last, potentially "fixing" this

Edited by SGT_Imalas
  • Like 2

Share this comment