Gas permeable tile - not stopping water

O.n.y
  • Known Issue

Gaz permeable tile do not stop water to fall through it.

4B3A9094F2549652C2256EDC6F1B7660FD914781

929C0C1E78E5EB23035F74027CB0596437551FA4

Here is my save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbwuz7vypy9a8fn/test liquid.sav?dl=0

This issue can be tested with save file i linked - dig tiles above "cage" for liquid, which stay between water and cage - all water will drop into cage ignoring obstacle.

Steps to Reproduce
This issue can be tested with save file i linked - dig tiles above "cage" for liquid, which stay between water and cage - all water will drop into cage ignoring obstacle.

User Feedback

From tooltip: "Block flow of Liquid without obstructing the flow of Gas", so no - it works opposite.

Also, i notice, this only happen if you have already those tiles and dig some "natural" which were between tiles and liquid. Otherwise (if you just drop liquid from pipe for example) it works as it should.

Edited by O.n.y

Share this comment

If it should not stop water and should stop gas its still not working as it should.

As you can see from screenshot - it will stop liquid in circumstance if you pull it into room - it not falling from right or bottom cells of room.

I wont stop liquid from falling if it fall from outside of room - from top - after digging natural tiles above room.

It also, from my experience, as it said from description - do not stop gas (i use it to have best flow of oxygen from bottom) and it do work not stopping gas from flowing.

So i am totally confused for how it should work at the end.. will be good to have  some clarification :)

Share this comment

I pretty sure tho it should not block gas and should block water and tooltip is correct.

Same description on wiki: http://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Gas_Permeable_Membrane

"It acts as a filter from liquids and gasses. Gasses will easily pass through this block in any direction, while acting as a solid block for any and all liquids. This gas flow however, can can be blocked with tiles, blocks or liquids"

Share this comment

It's called permeable, not IMpermeable gas tile therefore it should allow the gas to pass through.

I think it's more probable that they didn't write the name of the item correctly other than its description.

But we can't be sure yet.

NB: I think the wiki is community based, and its content is probably just copy-paste from the game files.

Share this comment