Gas flows backwards when destination output removed

simonchvz
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Gas already flowing towards an output in a below-capacity pipe began to flow backwards towards the source pump when the output was removed.  Have never seen this until the new conduit algorithms came out on the preview branch - previously the packets stood still in the pipe in that scenario.  This might fall under the "feature not a bug" category, as the gameplay effects are likely minimal (and in my case actually beneficial, as it allowed me to clear a pipe with some unwanted gases).

In attached save, the stupid windy hydrogen line from the left of the starting base to the top left was the offending pipe.  The gas was most of the way towards the drecko farm when I removed the bridge (currently a gap in the pipe) to get rid of some chlorine.

The Happy Abode.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build a gas pump, a long-ish ventilation pipe, and a ventilation bridge as an output for quick deconstruction. Let the pump operate for a few seconds, then disable it. The gas should still be flowing towards the bridge. Now remove the bridge. The gas for me flows backwards toward the pump and backs up there.

User Feedback

Changed Status to Known Issue

As you say, it's a feature not a bug. Dead ends act as pseudo-sources so you can recover your resources from them without having to destroy all the pipes.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

hmm, 

as of now you had to build a bridge at the "far-end" to get the liquid/gas out of the pipe and then destroy them, 

so i would call this "QM III.x"-Upgrade.

p

Share this comment