Gas filters... don't.

The Lunatic
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Attempting to use gas filters for the first time, and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why they appear to be do absolutely nothing.
Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some step I'm missing?  All I'm trying to do is separate carbon dioxide out through one pipe and polluted oxygen out through another while the main line pumps out whatever is left.
Help?

Steps to Reproduce

I've attached images showing how the filters are set up and that show gases other than what the filter is set for being pumped through the connected pipes.
I tried taking them apart and putting them back together, I've searched all over for answers, I quit and restarted, and still those filters seem to allow literally any gas through.
Literally just want to send CO2 down one pipe and polluted air down another while keeping anything else in the main line.

20230116211307_1.jpg

20230116211316_1.jpg

20230116211355_1.jpg

20230116211511_1.jpg

User Feedback

I can see a pipe below the filter 

IMG_20230117_080839.thumb.jpg.0939b14283dcbef95bc3715197cea974.jpg

If you have all the pipes below the filter connected, the filter can't filter anything and pipes will work like they would regularly do. Connecting every port of the filter as a separate pipe line, should make it work. 

(There is a mod you can use to see pipes better if you don't want to deconstruct the filters in order to see them properly. Combined Conduit Display)

• Like 4

Share this comment

On 1/17/2023 at 1:17 AM, sakura_sk said:

I can see a pipe below the filter

... Dang it.  It was really that simple, wasn't it?
I assumed the filters would just replace underlying pipe, since a lot of things work like that in this game, but yeah, that was the problem.
Thanks for the answer, my future colonies will probably fail less rapidly thanks to you.

• Like 2

Share this comment