Gas Filter behaving strangely

Nero Darkard
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

So I absent-mindedly built a hydrogen filtering system again and I didnt think about it further when it was doing what it was supposed to do.

Now, a few days later, I'm expanding the system. So I look at what I made to see how best to construct the additions when I discover something odd.

show.php?id=116339

Am I seeing things here? The mixed gas goes into the entrance of the filter, which is set on filtering hydrogen. but the special output has not been assigned. Instead, another pipe leading to the input redirects the hydrogen to the generators, while every other gas, here polluted oxygen, is going through the output as usual. I have no idea how I did this. Is this a known bug? Or am I just dense and there is something obvious here im missing?

Steps to Reproduce
Should be easily seen in the picture.

User Feedback

Interesting behaviour, my guess it works as the filter will move everything except the hydrogen to the green output.and as it can't accept the hydrogen it'll pass through the input. You most likely didn't have an issue as the green output never blocked, then everything would have passed.

Share this comment

Would be same behavior if the filtered output was blocked (which it technically is now).
As it can't move the packet to the filtered output, they pass by ignored.

Share this comment