Game won't save

Alexis15
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Known Issue

Since cycle 110 I see a recurrent issue where either the auto-save or manual save fails with IOException and a message saying there may be insufficient disk space to write to save directory.

But there is plenty of space on my disk, I double checked that. And if I reload the game, it will continue to save for one or two cycles then fail again.

Once it failed, it will always fail until I reload the game.

So currently I need to manually save like every two minutes until it fails, reload the game, resume 2 minutes earlier and continue for a couple minutes until it happens again... any idea what could go wrong ?

Steps to Reproduce
I just play I don't know what's specific to my situation that could help reproduce.

User Feedback

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. This log file doesn't contain any errors here so I'm hoping it's actually from a run that _didn't_ have the failed save. If that's possible, the next time you have the issue can you immediately the log file before running the game again?

Unfortunately the log gets recreated each time you run the game.

Share this comment

Hi, unfortunately that's what I already did.

I did not found anything relevant either. I tried attempting to save many times to trigger the error via both auto-save and manual and did not see anything in the logs after that.

But somehow two days ago the issue stopped. I remember deleting all save files in the save_files/auto_save/ folder except for the last two cycles, and after that I did not encounter any further error. What's strange is that I remember doing the same thing last week and at that time it did not help.

I suggest making so on next release these errors do get to the log file, just in case this happens again.

Share this comment

After many game sessions and cycles, now happening again. Please tell me if there is anything I can do besides fetching the Player.log

Share this comment

Hello,

Long time fan of this game, played back before Lava, before Ice Biomes, basically from the very start. And only within the past year have I been having issues with my save files. When trying to reload a sav file while in game I get the error that says the data of the file may be corrupted. I also have an issue where if I'm trying to save over an existing file (just hitting save) it will give me the IOexception error that has been previously mentioned in the forums. The way I get around it is basically by deleting the corrupted file, re-saving my game as a new save, and moving on from there. But then eventually that file runs into the same issue and we're back where we started. 

I am a huge fan of this game and little bugs like this will not stop me from playing and enjoying. I also know that it's still in development with patches and updates coming out every few weeks. So with this problem having been persisting for months, I am posting this in hopes it may aid in a solution. 

Keep making great games Klei, and thanks.

ONI Error Log.sav

Share this comment