Game won't run after expressive upgrade

jaym667
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

After installing Expressive upgrade in Steam it won't run. It just gives a "Failed to load mono" error when I try to start it. I tried removing and reinstalling and no luck. I attached my DXDiag but there isn't an output log.

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Try to run game

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I did not have the 2017 redistributables installed but installing them didn't change anything. It still won't run.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Could you please try installing the VC++ 2017 redistributables? You want to download and install vc_redist.x64.exe and vc.redist.x86.exe.

I have a similar problem.  

After I clicking the "Launch the game" button in the steam, my game does not have any response. (No error message displayed)

My computer has VC++ 2017 and 2015. I have already tried to launch the game by "run as administer", and reinstall both steam and the game as well, but the game still wont run.

I also cannot find output_log.txt in that directory.

The operating system used is win10, I find there are some guys using win10 have the same problem.

DxDiag.txt

Share this comment

2 hours ago, JKys said:

I have a similar problem.  

After I clicking the "Launch the game" button in the steam, my game does not have any response. (No error message displayed)

My computer has VC++ 2017 and 2015. I have already tried to launch the game by "run as administer", and reinstall both steam and the game as well, but the game still wont run.

I also cannot find output_log.txt in that directory.

The operating system used is win10, I find there are some guys using win10 have the same problem.

DxDiag.txt

same with me and i already filed a bug report and nobody has responded to it from last week when i created it!!!

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Could you please let me know if you can now run the game as of 279889?

it doesn't work for me and still no log available

Share this comment