Game not Starting (Windows)

rayxahbr
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi, I have ONI for a while, I have  around 52 hrs. The game used to work on my pc just fine, but after the update is not working anymore. It loads the game logo but then a message saying there is something wrong shows up. I am not able to report the crash or close the game, I have to manually shut the window with  alt+F4, I don't have any mods, never had.

1)I tried to reinstall the game;

2)I Tried to check the file through steam. It say is it is ok.

3)I tried to shut off the anti-virus. did not work.

Any tips from here? I want to play again!

oxygen not included.png

Steps to Reproduce

I tried to start the game. Try to start the game on my computer.

User Feedback

Reinstalling for me didnt work.It appears to be an issue with the save migration. 

The fix: 
-copying the data within the Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\ of your user directory to a backup directory then deleting the contents of the folder. 
-Start the game and it starts up ok replacing most of the contents. 
-Close the game and copy your most recent save files back with auto saves into the save folder.  Note:You can only save your most recently opened save though (ie the one associated with the auto saves). any more and it will crash.
-Start the game and with luck it should start and translate that single save into the new save format.

To save more colonies:
-Create a directory in the save directory with the name of the colony.
-Copy the save files associated with this colony into the created folder
-Create an empty auto_save directory within the folder

A little labour intensive if you want to save all your colonies (I have been playing for quite a while (~3400 hrs according to steam) but this should solve the problem. Hope this solves it for others affected too. 

I suspect they may need to have another look at the save migration. 

Share this comment

I am sorry there was no crash report just a frozen screen. I fixed the problem, I installed and deleted all the archives left in my pc after deletion. Then it worked thank you.

Share this comment