Game Freezing My Entire System

HammerTime
  • Pending

Greetings all!

I've really been enjoying this game thus far, but around cycle 9 or 10 the game started freezing my entire system requiring me to hit the reset button on my case and reboot my system. Shortcuts to Task Manager wouldn't work and neither would my mouse. Everything just froze (I'm running Windows 10 Pro). I'm not sure that any crash reports or anything in the data logs would have made it through the reboot that would be beneficial to helping solve this problem. This issue has occurred twice in a row on the same game save data.

My Thanks and Best Regards,

HammerTime

Steps to Reproduce
Started my saved game from steam on Windows 10 Pro, completed one cycle and halfway through/towards the end of the cycle (last happened during cycle 11) my system froze and forced a reboot via the reset switch on my computer case.

User Feedback

No application should manage to freeze your system.

See that your drivers (GPU and Audio) are current, run prime95 (torture mode) and 3dmark for an hour or so each (in case they also freeze: clean the fans and coolers), run memtest86+ for at least 3 cycles to check for RAM errors

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Masterpintsman said:

No application should manage to freeze your system.

See that your drivers (GPU and Audio) are current, run prime95 (torture mode) and 3dmark for an hour or so each (in case they also freeze: clean the fans and coolers), run memtest86+ for at least 3 cycles to check for RAM errors

I don't have an issue with any other game/application causing this problem. It's literally just this game. It happened again when I reached cycle 18 on a new game file while I was attempting to build a hydrogen generator and gas pipes. My PC is probably in need of a light cleaning, but while running BF4 on high quality for multiple hours I don't have any issues.

Share this comment

Are you using the Overlay buttons a lot? There's a bug when using them a lot slowly causes the computer to process slower and slower until the computer locks up. The best thing to do instead of using the Overlay buttons is to select an item to build that shows what overlay you want to see. I only use the overlays in general to check gas levels by selecting Algae Terrarium or Algae Oyxgonizer and I haven't had any problems with my computer since.

• Like 1

Share this comment