Game freezes consistently.

bjp
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

I have a map that's at about cycle 1114.  When I load the game and just sit there and let it run, before a single cycle ends the game just freezes.  The music is still playing in the background but the window is frozen and I can do nothing but kill it.

The only thing that shows up in the log when it crashes is:

[03:04:18.014] [20] [INFO] Reporting error.

[03:04:18.014] [20] [INFO] SimMessage: Assert failed: simData.updatedCells->temperature[cell] > 0.0f || simData.updatedCells->mass[cell] == 0.0f
[03:04:18.014] [20] [INFO] simlib/UpdateTemperature.cpp:159

I had mods enabled, but I tried it with them all disabled, it still freezes in the same way.

my system:

Ubuntu 20.04

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz

64g ram

rtx 2080

Steps to Reproduce

Load the game, let it run.

The size of the save file is larger than the limit for attaching files.

User Feedback

i think it depend what mods are you use. Some can only be for look, but if you have mods for changing game mechanics or even replace, then game can be lost by it and disenable mods can't help, because game has been already changed inside the code.

Share this comment

@bjp if you could find a way, the save file will be most useful. Maybe dropbox, google drive or similar would allow sharing the file.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I also have it freezing a lot on the beta branch, every few cycles it'll do a full hard freeze, stop responding, then eventually come back up, couple times crashed without a report, just right to desktop.

Running windows 10, with mods

Share this comment