Game does not go past Klei logo

DreradVoid
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Start up the game and the Klei logo stays there. I can hear the main menu music and when I click where the menu options are it makes the sounds but other then that no response.

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Starting the game like always

User Feedback

Oh another one. 1. dont put your savegame folder on a cloud storage. 2. make an exception for the games folders in your antivirus-suit. 

Share this comment

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the game. Please see our troubleshooting guide for this particular issue: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036947812

I also noticed that you have a PC setup with an integrated Intel Graphics card as well as a Dedicated GPU. Your integrated graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 4600) drivers have not been updated since 2014. Recommend downloading and installing the latest drivers for your card.

Also, please sure that your GeForce GTX 960M GPU is the card that launches and renders the game instead of your Intel card. To do this, you will have to go into your NVIDIA Control Panel and ensure that the GTX launch and run Oxygen Not Included instead of the Intel one.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi JanH.

Thank you for taking the time to look into the matter.

I followed all the troubleshooting point and to no avail nothing helped. The only thing I could think of was the new Nvidia drivers I installed (they came out the 24th of June 2020) and rolled back to the one's from the 27th of May 2020. Now it works again. Look like in my case ONI did not like the new drivers for some reason or visa versa.

Hope this may help someone whom is in the same boat as me.

Yours sincere

Lourens

[Side note: There have not been any new driver for the Intel HD 4600 that I can find, which is weird.]

Share this comment