Game crashes short after have loaded in an game on Win 10 but works on Win 7

Neohack
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

My game keep crashing short after i start/load in an game. The time it takes before crashing is different, sometimes maybe it take few minutes of gameplay or matter of seconds(Almost instantly) from the point the game has been loaded.

Crashes often comes with the games crash report, sometimes does it freeze or just shutdowns. 

I have tried to reinstall it, rebooted computer and update GPU drives but nothing fixed it.

One thing i notice though is that this problem keep happning on my window 10 computer meanwhile on my Windows 7 computer that is piece of crap compared to my Win 10 does the game actually work fine without any random crashes. Is this coincidence or perhaps part of the problem? I don't know but i feel like i wanted leave out that detail incase it helps detecting or solving these crashes so i may play this game on my windows 10 computer.

Steps to Reproduce

I were starting an new game or resume an old one and started to play it and after  few minutes of playing the game it crashes sometimes it crash almost instantly

Player.log Abode.sav

User Feedback

@Sebastiangperez if you haven't yet, please file your own report, and make sure to include the log file from just after the crash. Thanks!

@Neohack thanks for the log! Looking inside, it says that it can't access the path to write the PNG file. While we can look into why that is crashing (instead of an error or warning etc), the answer to avoid the crash immediate term is figuring out why the game has trouble writing to the file. Try checking the permissions of the folders involved and the like, to see if you can figure out why it doesn't allow a write. Something is preventing the game from operating as intended, hopefully you can figure out a cause.

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\neo\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\cloud_save_files\76561198057800601\Abode\Abode.png" is denied.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I think i have solved my problem! It was as an simpel solution and i feel like an idiot.

The problem was that the game wasn't allowed through my anti virus software which i thought i had permitted. 

I allowed the game through the my Anti virus software by manually add it's path due it didn't find it at first. After that i could play the game without any problem.

Either way, thank you for your reply and concern on this report.

Edited by Neohack

Share this comment